Minding Her Business
On the 20th of October, the final Minding Her Business event for 2019 was held at The Malt Shovel Taphouse within the Sunshine coast. This was the very first event to take place up the coast, which added a whole new element of excitement to the day.
This was the 4th Minding Her Business event I have attended, and the 3rd event I have worked behind the scenes at (if you didn't see me, I was behind the socials for the day). The Minding Her Business events are like no other. Leave your business cards at home, and prepare yourself for human connection. This event allows you the opportunity to network face-to-face with hundreds of women from around Brisbane and beyond.
Each event has an incredible panel of speakers from all different walks of life. Sharing their passion and success, whilst giving us the
details on their hustles, failures, journeys and more. Read below for all the details on the panel.
Lets meet the panel
Sapph’s key tips for success:
- If you are a business owner wanting to reach out to huge influencers for social media exposure, make the unboxing experience fun and creative. Give them a reason to film it and tag you.
- Take any business opportunity that is given to you, as you never know what opportunities that will create for you.
- "If you have a dream, you can go out and get it, whatever it takes. Whether you have to work 3 jobs, you should never be ashamed of hard work. If you have a goal, go out there and work hard for it."
Dion is a 2 x PLC gym owner, 2018 functional games champion, father and mentor. Dion has built his success and community around a positive and healthy mindset.
Dion's key tips to success:
- If you dont focus on your mindset, you will fall back into bad habits. It is so important to deal with what's going on upstairs before making huge business decisions.
- Find your why! Work out WHY you do what you do and make sure it aligns with your vision and beliefs.
Anita On Chi
Founder of Wordfetti & Brandfetti, Anita is ready to make your brand go from 0 to 100!! Anita said goodbye to her career as a lawyer to pursue her dreams as an entrepreneur. Now running her own business with 5 staff, she is kicking goals daily!
Anita's key tips to success:
- Creating a strong brand identity comes from the whole experience. From the first conversation, following up emails, updating the client with the progress, all the way to the final product. It's these small things that count.
- You can always change your career path. Anita started as a lawyer and quickly realized this wasn't her calling. If you have a passion in a different industry, you will make the impossible possible.
The event wrapped up with some absolutely incredible goodie bags. If you are a local business trying to get your name out there - keep Minding Her Business in mind. The goodie bags are an incredible way to get over 150+ women checking out your brand. Prior to each event, they announce via social media that they are putting together the bags, which is your opportunity to create, connect and collaborate (So make sure you follow them).
Looking to celebrate an event, birthday, or just enjoy a Sunday afternoon drink with the girls. Check out The Malt Shovel Taphouse Sunshine Coast.